Monday, August 25, 2008

A Dish Best Served Cold

Remember this movie? I sure do. I LOVED it. Why? I couldn't tell you. Maybe because it's Mel Gibson at his tough and gritty best. Maybe it's the cold and harsh way it's filmed. Maybe it's because I'm an idiot and have no taste. None of this, however, is relevant right now. The reason: BECAUSE NOW I KNOW EXACTLY HOW MEL FELT AT THE END RIGHT AFTER HIS GRAND 'PAYBACK' SCHEME WAS COMPLETE!!!

Take a journey with me, loyal WMHG? readers, back to 2003. It was a promising young season for the New York Jets. We were coming off 3 straight winning seasons and were poised to take the "next step". Then, we played the Giants in the pre-season and this happened:


That's right, my life ended that fateful night. Brandon Short took Chad's laser accurate left hand (I know he's a righty) and twisted it into a broken and dislocated mess. I was left with a gaping hole in my soul. A hole that I tried to fill with drugs and alcohol (didn't), with fast cars and faster ladies (didn't), and finally a hole that I filled with REVENGE, sweet lasting revenge. Behold:


Sorry Osi, but looks like you weren't ready for the BIG PAYBACK!!

*I know many of our readers are die-hard NY Giants fans and I apologize for this post.