Friday, October 24, 2008

Creepy Comparison #46: G.O.A.T




Loyal WMHG readers, feast your eyes on this. This is it. The pinnacle achievement in my long and storied WMHG blogging career. The Greatest Of All Time (see title). I've known about this comparison for a long, loooong time. What took me so long to post it? Who's to say, really. Perhaps it was so perfect that I got scared and stuffed this CC down so far into my subconscious that it virtually disappeared from my memory. Perhaps, I've known about it all along, but feared its exposure to the general public would cause such a stir, such a panic, that I couldn't knowingly unleash it upon you. Or, perhaps I just remembered to do it yesterday afternoon and put it off until now. I'll let the history books be my judge.

Take a minute and enjoy...John Stossel and Keith Hernandez. Or is it Keith Hernandez and John Stossel? I uploaded the damn pictures and I can't even tell. It's literally so creepy I had to do 2 side-by-sides! John Stossel, of ABC News fame, has graced TV news magazine shows like "20/20" for many years. He actually came to my college and gave a lecture, which I of course, attended. Upon the conclusion of his speech, I immediately rushed the stage with a baseball, sharpie and full docket of questions to ask including, "How in the world does a first baseman throw a runner out at 3rd off a bunt??" and "C'mon, weren't you AT ALL scared to death of Kevin Mitchell?!".

Mr. Stossel/Hernandez seemed confused at the time, but what I know for sure is I'll always cherish that ball forever. To add to the allure of this duo, the real Keith is currently 1/3 of the best TV announcing crew in the biz (along side fellow '86er Ron Darling and play-by-play man Gary Cohen), and I look forward to many more years of inappropriate comments.

4 comments:

Jeff Town, USA said...

You are way off. Stossel doesnt look like Keith. Keith has a fantastic mustache but Stossel's stache is trash!

Doc Holliday said...

Both of these guys have two of the most unnecessary, yet fantastic mustaches in the history of creepy mustache men.

JT Roberts said...

Remember when Dr. D. David Schultz went upside Stossels head? That was awesome. (youtube it if you havent.)

Doc Holliday said...

Wow! Just watched the clip of Keith Hernandez getting slapped by Dr. Schultz, and let me just say, that was nothing short of amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SACE1tPEcbc