Monday, December 22, 2008

Great Moments in MLB Managing History: Part II

Earl Weaver may have staked a claim in the "fucked in the head" manager department before your time - I know I barely remember him managing the late 1980's Orioles into obscurity. This was around the same time that I was stocking up on Pete Incaviglia and Cory Snyder rookie cards, so forgive me for not paying attention to a comedic genius. But I do have a few slightly hollow memories of Warner Wolf's CBS sports broadcast highlighting some of Earl Weaver's more memorable tirades. To be honest, all I remember is thinking Weaver was out of his mind - and I think my memory has been honest, because this clip proves just how fucking bananas he really was.

3 comments:

Mister Turkey said...

Nice! If he tried using that language today he'd be put on the no-fly list. Sad.

Doc Holliday said...

Poor Alice, she really does need "a prick in her". True story.

J said...

Billy Beane likes this managing philosophy