Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bedlam in the Bronx


So, A-Rod's a cheater. It's tough to look at these accusations objectively, knowing the already growing line of players past and present that stuck themselves in the ass for an edge. Am I surprised by the news? Absolutely. As much as I can't stand the guy as a person, some stupid little part of me, the stupid little kid voice buried deep inside my pinstriped gut convinced me he was clean. Look past the blond highlights, look past the cougar-banging fiasco, look past the creepy Jeter obsession, I said, and respect the man's God given talent to hit.

Well, not anymore.

And now the only question is - where do the Yankees go from here?

A friend of mine recently said that this is the last thing the Yankees need going into a season that is already filled with unbelivably lofty expectations, because now, there's a bit of shame and embarrasment to feel as a Yankees fan. As much as I'd like to say I could care less, and fuck the detractors of all that the Yankees stand for, I can't, because it really sucks knowing this guy is the face of the franchise until I'm chugging through my late 30's.

Is there a saving grace for this team? Who else is on the 100+ list of names waiting to be spilled? If A-Rod comes out and fesses up to his misguided past, how in the fuck will he deal with even more media scrutiny? It seems like this could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. His confidence has to be shattered. If he starts slumping, do the Yankees take measure to save any face? Can they save any face at this point?

A lot of questions, not enough time for answers.

It's too much to swallow right now, and I'm too fucking tired. This guy needs to do something quick to salvage any sort of a season, let alone any sort of legacy or career.

4 comments:

Mister Turkey said...

The WMHG? "Mt. Rushroid" logo is getting crowded...

Doc Holliday said...

You got that right. And I just fucking updated it...

AK-47 said...

Call me crazy, but I bet this won't effect him much on the field. I know that sounds insane, but since he failed a test in 2003, doesn't that mean he has known since then that this story could be leaked at any time, and should be well prepaired for this??

Doc Holliday said...

The tests were confidential - they weren't supposed to be leaked. That's probably why Boras had A-Rod shipped out of town on a Cuban paddle boat.