Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Creepy Comparison #68:Caged Heat


This one caught me by surprise for two reasons, really: 1) Honestly, the only reason I found it was because I was checking out the gamecasts on opening day and saw the picture on the right (John Lannan) which obviously made me wonder if he was Nicolas Cage's disowned younger brother, and 2) how could anyone be more surprised than finding out that someone named John Lannan is starting on opening day?! Things aren't exactly looking up in our nation's capital, I guess. That's two scoops of surprise right there.

On a side note, I made the great mistake of going to see Mr. Cage's new thriller "Knowing" last night. There isn't much that can be said about this movie but "Wow, it's really hard to believe they made that." The entire movie was pointless, the acting was horrible and to cap it all off...it turned out the whole thing revolved around aliens and I'm pretty sure I noticed a God/Angels/Garden of Eden reference at the end, which is the last thing I'm looking for in a sci-fi movie.

Nick has been living off of Con-Air/The Rock/Snake Eyes for a while (yes, I said Snake Eyes). My patience is wearing thin...

1 comment:

Doc Holliday said...

Here's the thing about Cage - I hate him, but he's been in several movies I appreciate. How this works out? I don't know. But here they are:

1 - Rumble Fish
2 - Leaving Las Vegas
3 - Adaptation
4 - Lord of War
5 - Matchstick Men

I didn't list Fast Times at Ridgemont High because he didn't speak in it...