Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Return of the Prodigal Son


Round 3 of the Phil Hughes experiment begins in a little over an hour. Should we expect lofty statistics? No. No we should not. I predict a stat line that reads:

5.2 IP, 7H, 4ER, 4 K's.

Flashy? No. But efficient? Yes. Because that is what a 5 starter needs to be - efficient. I'm not asking for a world-beater, I'm just asking for a guy that can keep the fucking floodgates closed for a little over half-a-game. Hopefully I am setting the bar low, to quite low. But taking into account my ability to jinx situations, it could end up being a slaughter.

2 comments:

Upstate Underdog said...

IP:6.0 H:2 BB:2 K:6 ER:0

Those are some tasty numbers from Hughes last night.

Doc Holliday said...

I knew it the whole time, I was just using my reverse jinx! Ask Sully and JBalls!

/Bill Simmons