Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Work of a Higher Power?


Since the X-Man may be done for the season, this ultimately opens up a spot for Nick Swisher in the starting lineup as the full-time right fielder. Am I upset about this? Sort of. While Nady was not going to rake the way he did last season, he would have been productive, and even if he lost the starting position, he's a good guy to have coming off the bench, especially since Nick Swisher could end up being the 8th inning guy for the Yankees bullpen, and tends to throw his body around in the outfield like Lindsay Lohan on a coke-binge at a movie wrap-party.

2 comments:

xGooks said...

You realize Swisher actually hits like 220 and not 450, right?

I understand the optimistic viewpoint and all but come on. I thought you'd be breaking out the cyanide pills by now - you're disappointing me.

Doc Holliday said...

I said I was sort of upset Nady got hurt. In no way am I creaming over Nick Swisher. I need at least three months worth of rake to jump on that wagon - it's pretty full already...

And the X-Man wasn't the answer anyway. Last year was a career year. There's a reason he was a failed prospect for so long. Now we'll have to bide our time until Matt Holliday becomes available.

*this is my original post about Swisher to the Yankees. Funny you should mention cyanide, I had other ideas...

http://whysmyheadgrowing.blogspot.com/2008/11/swisher-to-yankees-no-one-cares.html